Monday, September 14, 2009

Kentucky Lake

As an Average Fisherman, I fish on large river systems The river that I can be found on most, is the Tennessee River, although it is also known as Kentucky Lake. As with most rivers the water depth fluctuates depending on rain fall, power generation, and the seasons. Since we are moving into the early fall, the water depth on the Kentucky Lake has been on the fall for about the last month. With the water depth dropping this moves fish into areas that they would normally not suspend in. Just like when the water level is high, the fish will be in a part of the lake that they would never be found. So this got me thinking about how I fish.

So this past weekend I was out fishing in an area that I normally fish, but with the water depth being down. I decided to try some areas that I would normally never fish. Because of the water depth, I tried some of normally tactics and sure enough, there were fish there. So the next time you are out on the water and the fishing is slow, take the same tactics and move into a new area. I bet you will find some fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment