Thursday, October 21, 2010

Anglers forget about topwater bite

Last week when I was at Table Rock Lake, during the PAA event on the first two days of pratice I found myself relying on what works for me on large river systems. It was until into day two that I realized, this was working. I had seen bass attacking the topwater all around me, and I was catching a few with crank baits. The main reason was these fish were in a feeding frenzy and would bite anything. So I decided to switch to topwater and that is when it turned on. Before an hour had pasted I already had five keepers in the livewell and each one was over 3 lbs.


The bait that worked for me was Bass Pro Shops® XPS® Professional Series Topwater Hardbaits - Walker, this bait was the saving grace for me. I suggest you try it next time, and always remember that you have to try new things to have success.

No comments:

Post a Comment