Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fall Is Lipless Time

When the leaves start to turn color that means that the shad move back into the shallower water in the back of creeks and pockets of river channel. This is the best time to use something with treble hooks hanging from the belly. While shallow flat bill crank baits work fine, I have found that lipless crank baits are deadly during this time. I always have at least two tied into a spinning reel. There are so many to pick from, but the in that that bass love is the Strike King Red Eye Shad. This lure is a fish catching machine, but you better learn how to get it unstuck when he gets hung on the bottom.

Also I have found that my Fishin Tool Bag comes in real handy to keep my pliers in because the hooks on this lure get stuck into the fish really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment