Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mercury Optimax DFI Engine Oil



With Spring right around the corner, a lot of us are getting out onto the water for the first time this year. Since our boats has been sitting for the winter, we sometimes to forget to check things like the engine oil. My Nitro boat has a Mercury Optimax engine, this is a direct fuel injection two stroke engine. Because of this I always carry some extra DFI oil with me. Since it's a two stroke it requires oil to mix with the fuel.
So it was nice day and I went out on the lake with my Fishin Tool Bag, I was running down the lake and the low oil alert sounded on the engine. At that moment I realized that I didn't check the engine oil. I stopped and added some oil. I f I didn't have some extra oil with me, this could have been a bad day. I was about 35 miles from the boat ramp.

So the next time you are buying engine oil get an extra one to stow in the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment