Sunday, March 8, 2009

The dangers of fishing in wind

Today Darren the Average Fisherman and I made a huge mistake. We went fishing in the 45-50 mph winds. I was so excited, because we had checked the boat and put on the right lures on our rods, it was going to be awesome going fishing after so long... the only problem was we paid no heed to the winds that were blowing through the lake all day. We were nearly capsized 3 or 4 times, and my hat flew off my head and PLOP...it went right into the water. I nearly lost it forever and I would have if Darren the Average Fisherman hadn't of fished for it and caught it for me. When that gust of wind hit 3 thoughts rushed through my mind. #1 Holy crap I lost my hat. #2 The lure box in my hands nearly flew out of that boat. #3 I'm about to get knocked out of this boat.

Today was the worst day of fishing ever, we were nearly knocked out of the boat countless times and one time I thought the boat was going to flip over and we were going to drown!!! When we got to a suitable spot I could barely fish. My dad had the only catch of the day, and it was a measly little baby bass. I was so mad because we had spent hours making sure the boat was up to par, just to get my hat knocked off and to nearly be ejected out of the boat, suffice to say I was not a happy camper.

If there is one thing that I learned on this nearly fatal fishing trip it was to be calm and no matter how eager you are to go fishing you just wait until you have a good fishing day or else you might pay for it with your life

No comments:

Post a Comment