Wednesday, April 29, 2009

7.7 Lbs Monster Bass

Fishing at Fort Gibson Lake in Oklahoma I caught this monster of a bass. Aaron and I was where near the dam site in some flooded timber and it was around 4pm the water was 62 degrees. I was using a green Culprit Chartreuse Shad worm, about an hour before this I was fishing near some rocks and landed a fish. Just as I set the hook my favorite spinning rod broke in half, since I like to fish with about ten rods like all pros do I didn't want to take one of the other baits off another rod.

So i went into the rod locker and there she was, my wife's rod was in there. It was the Pflueger Pink Lady, so i tied on the Culprit worm and off we went. Aaron the Average Fisherman was making fun of me, but shortly i was catching fish one after another.

After fishing with the Pink Lady for about an hour. I landed the monster. He was in about a foot of water and had been tearing up the shore eating small bait fish. On my second cast, he took the worm and it was on. He fought so hard, but in the end the pink lady was my hero.

Needless to say Abu Garcia has replaced the rod, although i have the pink lady as a backup!

Here is a picture of the monster!

1 comment: